Friday, August 12, 2016

Week Twenty-Eight: 4/11/16 Tucuman

Hey fam,
That's awesome that the wedding and everything went so well and also that so many people were able to go! That's what I like to hear! I got Cam and Hailey's wedding invitation this week and also I got the package for my birthday! 
This week was pretty normal but we did have a zone training meeting so I was able to learn a lot about working more with the members, using our time more effectively, and how to help the people we are teaching more. 
This week we had an appointment with a family that we have been teaching for a while, family Mamani. They are really nice and they love talking with us. They always listen to us and we had good conversations about the gospel, but they would never come to church or accept a baptism date. We were begging them but I think that they just like having us around but don't really want to change anything. So we changed our way of teaching a little bit for them our last appointment. We were a lot more direct with them. Not too direct, we still did it with love, but we really tried to get our point across. They were a little thrown back but we really think that they needed it. They like and agree with everything we say and even say it's true, but they are die hard Catholics and are nervous to change. We really tried to assure them that this is the one and only path that Jesus wants us to follow. We felt pretty good after the lesson and we are going to teach them again tonight so we will see how it goes. I think that is something that we need to do more. We need to be a little more direct with some people so they know why we are here. We aren't here to have nice conversations about Jesus; we are here because we know that this message about Jesus can and will change your life for the better in more ways that you can even imagine. I know this gospel can bless these people and I really want them to accept it because I know how much it can help them. 
But on the other side of things, the weather here is starting to get pretty cold. I think it rained everyday this week. It gets pretty cold at night so I'm now starting to wear sweats and a sweatshirt to bed. The only thing I don't really like about it is that my feet are always wet lol. My shoes get wet and they don't really dry out all the way so they are always a little damp. But that's really not too bad lol. All is well over here. 
I think that's about it for my week. I'll talk to you guys soon. Enjoy every second of the wedding and take lots of pictures for me! I love you guys! Kiss my puppies for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment