Saturday, August 13, 2016

Week Thirty-Nine: 6/27/16 Tucuman

Hey guys,
Man it sounds like you guys had a great week!! The pictures are awesome!! I love pictures!! 
This week was pretty good. The English classes went really well. We had some members come, some less actives, and some non members. We had two that had graduated from high school and studied English, so they knew more than everyone else. So we split it into two groups. I taught the more advanced group and my comp taught the beginners. I really didn't know how to teach English. but luckily my comp is learning and he has some books, so that helped a lot. But it's working really well to find people to teach. I don't know why we waited so long to try it. 
This week nothing too crazy happened. I had exchanges and I was with my district leader's newbie from Brazil. We went to go teach an investigator for the second time. We taught the first lesson and everything was going really well. We explained it nicely and they seemed to really like it. But then the son... There were two of them that began to ask some questions and quote stuff from the Bible. Everything was fine and we answered the questions, but then when we invited them to be baptized, things turned around. The dad is super Catholic and he started to defend his religion. My comp for the day is very new and started to defend our religion and kind of started a Bible bash. the Spirit was lost and I had no idea how to bring it back. So I did the only thing I could do when you don't know what to do, and testified. I spoke for a while and I don't remember what I said, but I felt the Spirit really strong. My comp felt it and I knew they felt it. It was almost impossible not to. They recently lost a younger brother, so I mostly focused on how the restored gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families. When I finished, we waited to see what the dad would say, but his heart was too hard at this point and he denied the Spirit we know he felt. We ended the lesson and invited them to pray and read. Then we left. After, I then explained to my comp for the day how it's not the best to Bible bash. But I think that was the most interesting thing that happened. Oh actually we had stake conference this Sunday and a 70 came in from Buenas Aires, Elder Romeo. Also the mission president and his wife came and spoke. It was a really good meeting and I was able to learn a lot.
But I think that's all for this week. I love you guys! Kiss the puppies for me! I'll talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment