Friday, August 12, 2016

Week Thirty-Four: 5/23/2016 Tucuman

Hey fam!
Thank you for the birthday wishes! I know that it's this week but I don't feel anywhere near 20 years old yet. So we will see what it's like when i actually turn 20 lol. This is the last week of this transfer and also the last week of my comp's mission. This transfer has gone by super fast, it's nuts. So the next time you hear from me i will 20 years old and have a new comp. Pretty exciting! 
This week it was pretty hard for us to find people. Last week everyone was home and we were teaching lesson after lesson. But this week for some reason, nobody was home so we couldn't teach as many people as we wanted. We weren't able to talked to Nicolas and Fabiana this week either, which was a bummer. We went by their house throughout the week and they weren't there. But hopefully we can find them this week. 
Today we got the two zones in Tucuman together to play soccer and have a bbq. There were a lot of people so we split up in teams. Our team was our district minus the sisters but we destroyed. We won 8 games in a row (we were playing to 2 goals). We only lost because everyone was so tired. But it was super fun! And this time we didn't get burned which is nice. 
This week we went on splits again with different elders. I was with another gringo in his area. But he has been in the mission for more than a year. For our last appointment we taught the Trejo family. Everyone in the family has listened to the missionaries at different times and they all got baptized at different times. So they have gone through quite a bit of missionaries. Now the missionaries are teaching the the only nonmembers in the family. We were teaching the Plan of Salvation and it was going super good. The Spirit was super strong and everyone was super focused. At the end of everything and as we were about to leave, the mom came up to me and started to talk to me. She looked at me and said, "There is something special about you. As you talked, I could feel and see the Spirit in you. As you talked, you brought a very powerful spirit that everyone could feel. You have a way of speaking that can touch anyone's heart. Thank you." So that was a pretty special experience for me. I've never gotten a compliment like that before. Getting complimented on your sprit is way better than any other type of compliment. I'm super grateful that the Spirit was able to be present in that lesson and that they all could feel it. 
My leg is pretty much all better now, there is no problem there. I wouldn't say I'm more scared of the dogs now but I am a little more cautious with some of them. But everything is going great! Thank you for the birthday wishes and that seminary pic is DE DIEZ(of ten) which basically means it's awesome lol. Thank you guys so much! I love you and will talk to you soon! Kiss the puppies for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment