Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Week Forty-Seven: Monterico

Hey fam!
Today starts a new transfer. Nothing happened to us, we are together for another transfer and this is the last transfer for my comp. So we will see how it goes. 
Nothing really too interesting happened this week. We were able to meet with the Chavez family a few times. They are reading what we leave them and they pay attention in the lessons, but they are listening with their ears and not with an open heart and mind. They are just super Catholic, but the more and more we talk and answer their questions, they are starting to realize how much this gospel and the doctrine makes sense and how theirs really doesn't. Basically they ask questions that have to do with the Catholic church, like why we don't worship or pray to saints or the virgin Mary, and why we don't baptize babies. Through the answers we give them, we are basically disproving their church and proving ours. It's not the preferred method to convert people, but for them it seems to be working. 
This week we had to travel to the mission headquarters in Salta so my comp could talk with the president. Luckily we aren't too far from Salta so we didn't lose too much of our day. 
That's crazy that school starts already!! That was a pretty fast summer! Katie, some advice is to really pay a lot of attention in seminary. I know it's early and sometimes it's not the most interesting, but it is seriously worth it. You really do learn a lot and I wish I paid more attention, because the things you learn there are really important. So pay attention, participate, memorize the scripture mastery,... do everything and I promise you it will be worth it. 
Glad to hear that Gavin is back and running! Did they fix the fuel pump or replace it? Either way, do you still have to leave a half tank? Or is he back to normal? Oh yeah the lama that I bought is from the salt flats and is pure salt. Don't worry, I licked it to be sure that it was legit... and its legit lol. 
It's been pretty warm recently, really comfortable weather. But this week out of nowhere it got super cold. So I was able to use my new scarf and even the gloves! But then the next day it was warm again. Yeah, I don't understand it either. 
Oh and about the backpack. My senior year, the classes were pretty easy so I literally carried a folder with all the papers I needed for my classes and a pen and pencil. That's all I needed lol, so the small backpack worked perfect! 
But I think that's it for this week. I hope everything keeps going great! Have a great first day back a school Katie! I'll talk to you guys soon! Kiss the puppies for me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment