Monday, August 15, 2016

Week Forty-Six: 8/15/16 Monterico

Hey Fam!
We had a pretty good week this week. We were able to teach family Chaves a couple of times. The first time we went, we went with a member and we taught the Plan of Salvation. It was a really good lesson. As were were finishing, we asked the member how this plan has blessed her life and she began to bear her testimony and how families can be eternal. Throughout the lesson, I found myself talking a bit more about eternal families than normal. I wasn't really sure why until we asked the mom of the family to say the final prayer. She started out normal but then she paused for awhile and started to cry. She then asked God if she really can be with her son again. We had no idea that she had lost a son until she prayed. After, I realized that it was the Spirit guiding our lesson to talk more about eternal families. We set another appointment and that was it. We figured it was best to let them think about what they heard and felt in that lesson. We were really excited for the next lesson because we thought for sure they had gotten an answer and would accept baptism. But when we went by, we found out we were wrong. We asked them if they were able to pray about the message and how they felt. They said they didn't. They also said that they were talking (the husband and wife) and said they they were born and raised in the Catholic church and they want to stay there. I was pretty bummed to see them deny the Spirit that they felt, but we didn't lose hope. We put a lot of emphasis on the apostasy, the restoration, and prayer. We were a little more direct with them this time becaue we noticed that their hearts are pretty hard. Everyone committed to pray and ask God if this is His church. We visit them tomorrow so we are praying for a miracle.  
I was able to get my retainer this week. It fits nicely, but I do notice a bit of pressure on my front left tooth. I don't think it's a problem, but also the orthodontist is about 28 years old and this is his first year out of school. So I didn't have my expectations too high. But if it keeps my teeth in place until I can get to Dr. Hamelton, it works for me. 
Today for P-day as a zone we went to the salt flats. It was pretty far so we had to wake up pretty early and it was about 3 hours there and 3 hours back. So it took a lot of our P-day but it was pretty fun! There wasn't too much to do, well, because they are salt flats... there is nothing. But we were able to take some pretty cool pictures. We had to go pretty high in the mountain to get there and some of the missionaries weren't used to the windy roads so we had to stop a few times so they could throw up but all is well. Everyone had fun! 
After emailing the president and talking with the zone leaders, there were some new rules set in place for our zone. It's not hard to wake up on time or keep being obedient for me. I see it as something you have to do in order to have success in the mission. So even though others don't always obey the rules, I still do. What happened to Gavin?! I'm not surprised that Devin, Charly, and Dalton are worried. Gavin is just as much as part of the group as anyone else. Gavin is well known and a vital part, you can ask anyone. But how is he doing? Is he going to make it? Let me know! 
The olympics aren't really popular here, but we did walk into a member's house and they were watching water polo! it was awesome to be able to see just a little for a few seconds. I think Japan was playing against Siberia, I'm not sure. 
The story about mom getting locked in the bathroom and Justin breaking her out really made me laugh! That's funny! Lol I think that's it for my week! I love you guys! Talk to you soon! Kiss the puppies for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment