Saturday, August 13, 2016

Week Forty-Five: 8/8/16 Monterico

Hey fam!
So this week was pretty good. We had exchanges with the zone leaders. I was in my area and my comp went to the area of the zone leaders. It was pretty refreshing to wake up at the same time as my comp for a day lol. But on a more positive note, we are getting along fine.
This week we have been trying to visit all the new investigators that we found last week. We have narrowed the group down. Some people didn't have any interest and things like that. We are working with one family, family Chavez, and they are awesome. They have a lot of interest and God has really prepared them to receive this gospel. They are a family of 5, they have 3 kids, 2 are in high school and the other is about 4 years old. But they are reading the Book of Mormon (all of them!!!). We have had some really good lessons with them and they are progressing really well. They still need to pray and ask if this is the true church, but we really put a lot of emphasis on praying during our last lesson. We visit them again tomorrow so fingers crossed!! 
Today during the morning was really fun. Sisters in our district are teaching a guy that rents out bikes for tourists. They were able to get bikes for the whole zone free to go and ride today. We rode to a lake and it was a lot of fun! It's been a while since I've been on a bike, but don't worry, I didn't forget how to ride one. But the road to get there was super beautiful. Mountains on both sides with fields with horses and cows. It was awesome. I took pictures but this computer is super slow. So hopefully there is time to use the church's computer and send them. 
The olympics here aren't too big, but every now and then we walk into a home and they are watching them. I want to watch so bad! My mouth is asking if they could turn off the TV, but my heart is screaming no! 
That's awesome that you guys were able to go the the beach so often this week. Are you guys tired of it yet lol? As far as I know, there are no members working in the tobacco factory. I dont have my retainer yet but I called the orthodontist and set an appointment for Wednesday. He said he would call me when he finished but what can you do? I got the package, thank you so much!! It's awesome! I made the guard thing right away and I'm wearing it every night. There are A LOT of bad teeth here and it has really put the fear of God in my heart! I'm brushing 3 times a day and flossing 3 times as well. I don't know what else I can do. But I think that's it for this week! Love you guys! I'll talk to you soon! Kiss the puppies for me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment