Friday, August 12, 2016

Week Twenty-Nine: 4/18/16 Tucuman

Hey fam,
So this week not too much happened. But we were still able to see a miracle and the end of the week. We have been teaching this inactive family for a while and the entire time I've been here I've never seen them in church. We've taught them a lot and they always say they are going to go, but they never do. We had a lesson with them on Friday and we were really trying to help them realize that church is the most important thing in your entire week. Something we said must have gotten to them because they finally came to church. The ward was so happy to see them there and we were too. 
About transfers, this is actually the first week of the transfer and my comp just left and I'm now with Elder Siebers. I've heard a lot about him so far. He was a zone leader and sounds like a really good missionary. Everyone has only good things to say about him so I'm pretty happy about that. But this is also his last transfer so I'm going to be killing him off. Which means that I'm going to be in this area for at least 2 more transfers, that means a total of 6 months in one area. God must really want me here lol, but I don't have any problems with it, I like this area. But he is from Utah and is 20 years old. We haven't been together for too long but he keeps on saying that he is super excited to go work so I think this is going to be a good companionship. I'll let you know more next week about him. 
About your questions about my companion: We worked but he only has 3 more transfers so he was starting to get a little trunky. He would sleep in sometimes and then sleep throw his studies, but I still always got up on time and did everything I should be doing. He was a good missionary but he didn't really try to teach too much by the Spirit, more just from his knowledge of the scriptures and the lessons. I always try to teach by the Spirit and really try to help them feel it as strong as possible, so our teaching methods didn't really go well together but he was still and good missionary and we got along pretty well. 
I'm so happy that everything with the wedding went so great!! Don't worry, I wasn't thinking too much about home and I was able to focus. I got a lot of pictures and that's what I love!! Man everything looks so nice!! I bet it was a blast and nuts at the same time lol. It's so weird but also super awesome that Cam and Justin are married now. Just try to keep them from having kids until i get back lol.
I think that's it for my week. This next one should be a little more interesting. I love you guys! I'll talk to you soon! Kiss my puppies for me! Oh and yes I have a fan so I will start doing that, it's just not a very good one but we will see. I also noticed the other day that my shoes are starting to get little holes in the bottom. But nothing to worry about, there are a whole bunch of shoe fixer guys so if the holes get bigger I'll get them fixed. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment