Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Week Fourteen 1/4/2016 Salta

Hey guys,
Justin is MARRIED!!!!  Man, it sounds like you guys had an awesome week/weekend!!  It’s crazy and awesome to think that he’s married now.  The pictures of the family, Justin and Kendall, and everything are so awesome and everyone looks so good!  Kendall looked beautiful!  Well done my brother!  I have to laugh that you guys were so cold because I’ve been crazy hot! 

That’s so awesome that Pres Nelson was there!! What are the chances of that? Was the building like super packed or did no one really know he was coming? I bet it was awesome either way!  (We visited my cousin’s ward on Sunday in SLC and it just so happened to be the baby blessing of President Nelson’s great grandson.)

My week was pretty good! Yes my comp for the day was from Ecuador but his accent is a lot different from the people here.  I had a little trouble understanding him, but it all worked out. I was worried that since he was so new that he wouldn’t talk a whole lot and I would have to say everything, but I was wrong. He is a super motivated missionary and all he wants to do is talk, like with everyone he sees.  What a relief lol. We actually were pretty successful together. We talked with a lot of people and have 4 new potential investigators. Which is awesome. My real comp and I were pretty successful too this week. We found some new investigators and I think that it’s going really well with them. Well with most of them lol we have four new ones, two are going really good and one is a little tricky because he likes his beer and he has four kids but doesn’t wasn’t to marry his girl friend - nothing the word of wisdom and law of chastity cant fix lol.

On New Year’s Eve we went to a member’s house for dinner, the same family we went to for Christmas and Skyped from, then we went back to our apartment planned, got ready and went to bed. I was just about to fall asleep when WWIII started outside!! There were TONS fireworks and parties, and music and dogs barking. Needless to say I didn’t get much sleep that night but it was fine lol.

This Sunday we were waiting for church to start and we were a little bummed because not a lot of our investigators came.  About 5 or 10 mins  into the Sacrament meeting, we saw one of our investigators walk up with her mom and dad.  Her name is Florencia, she’s 15 years old and is progressing really well. The only thing that was holding her back was her parents because they are both very Catholic.  Oh man when we saw her walking up with her parents we got super excited, like Christmas morning! We sat with them during sacrament meeting and explained everything that was happening – it was great!  After sacrament they had to leave, but I think they liked it. Hopefully we can see some more progress with Florencia and now her parents!!  Such a cool experience!

Not much else happened this week, but we kept busy so I wasn’t thinking too much about the wedding.  I was praying that it would be a great day for Justin and Kendall and it sounds like it was! 


Cannot believe Justin's married!!!!  I love you guys and hope that everything goes good with reception two and three!  Keep up the awesome work!! Kiss my puppies for me! And yes I think that the same Cafe Rio lol that’s pretty awesome!! I’ll talk to you soon!!

Zone Conference
Salta

No comments:

Post a Comment