Monday, February 8, 2016

Week Nineteen 2/8/2016 Tucuman

Hi fam,
I’m so happy to hear that everyone is doing good!  Last week after I read about Luna we went to the store and came back home and it hit me.  I was pretty upset and I didn’t know what to do.  So I did the only thing I could think of to feel better.  I went into a different room in our apartment, I got on my knees and I prayed and prayed for you guys, the puppies and for myself.  After my prayer I didn’t feel different, but I decide to try to take my mind off of things and continue reading the book I started “Our Search for Happiness” by Elder Ballard.  I was reading and he began to talk about Priesthood blessings.  I knew right away, that’s what I needed.  I asked my comp for a blessing of comfort.  It was a simple blessing, but it had a huge impact. I don’t think I've ever felt the hand of God so strong in my life before. Through the power of that blessing and all the prayers offered in my behalf, I was able to have a really good week.  I was happy this week, laughing, and felt comforted and peaceful.  I know you guys were and are worried about me but the feeling was mutual.  I hoped and prayed He would bless you guys and the puppies with the same things He blessed me with.  Are you guys doing ok?  How are the puppies this week?

This week we visited all the new investigators, most of them weren’t home so we are still tying, but we have some that are progressing really well and seem very interested.  One is a family and the mom said she was really sad and when she started meeting with us she started to feel happy.  She is keeping up with all the commitments so I think we are going to see some good things with this family.  

On Sunday we went to church like normal and after sacrament we were just listening to the testimonies, nothing unusual, then two people walked in and sat next to me. It was Daniela and Pred, Daniela is the sister I baptized in Salta right before I was transferred. They came all the way from Salta to visit me!  They said they didn’t get to say goodbye so they wanted to have a good departing.  I could not believe it!  They both got up and bore their testimonies, and I can now see why Satan wanted to stop that baptism because they both have super strong testimonies and I know they are going to be helpful in strengthening the Lord’s kingdom.  It was an awesome experience to see how much they’ve progressed in such a short period of time. 

I tried to upload some pictures but when I plugged my camera in - the computer froze and I can’t do anything now.  I’m sorry about that but I’ll be sure to send some next week.  I love you guys, keep up the great work; kiss my puppies for me I’ll talk to you soon!


P.S. - I just want to make sure of one thing, I don’t know if I made it clear or not and I don’t have enough time to read my letter again so I just want to clarify that I am doing great.  I’m still happy and having fun and trying to work hard.  I'm laughing and having fun with my comp, all is well over here.  Love you guys and just wanted to make sure you guy knew, lol.  (FYI – I know my sweet boy, he wrote this P.S. for me!)   

No comments:

Post a Comment