Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Week Ninety-Three: Almirante Brown

Hey fam!
So I know you guys want to know what the president says about coming home and well... so do I lol. I have the interview Thursday. And I will for sure have some info for you guys! I promise. As of right now, I know of no one else that will be traveling with me. Elder Curtis, one of my comps, also is going to finish early except he'll be two weeks early. So we won't be together. But I honestly have no idea if someone else will finish early too. But you make a good point, there are others missions and some elders that might finish the same time as me. Looks like we are going to have to pray and see what happens. Lol. I'll ask president if anyone will be finishing with me and I'll let you guys know what he says.
This week was pretty good. We were able to have some nice experiences in the week. One that I thought was pretty funny was that we have been teaching a sister, Maria, for some time now. She told us this week that "the father of my baby" (they say that when they aren't married)(dang it!!) doesn't want her talking to us. She gave a few reasons and I just smiled and said, "That's because he doesn't know us and more importantly he doesn't know what we teach." We invited her to invite him to talk with us. (We don't meet in her house, but in the store she has.) She doubted that he would come but said she would do it anyways. We passed by for the next appointment and he was there. We started talking to him and he warmed up to us. He accepted the Book of Mormon, a return appointment, and it seemed like he was pretty interested. So that was a fun experience.
Also we found a new investigator this week that has some potential. She has investigated a lot of different churches trying to find the "right one for her." She let us in without hesitation. We taught her and left her 3 Nephi 11 to read as homework. She read it when we left and said that it was an answer to her prayers and feels that it's true. We were obviously super surprised, and invited her to be baptized and she accepted. But it's hard for her to come to church for a few reasons, so we are working on that but I know she will come. Her name is Raquel by the way.
This is the last week of this transfer!! Man has that gone by so  fast!! I might get a new comp next week or we might stay the same. We really have no idea. So we will see. It's so weird to think that I have so little time left, it's crazy!! But its not over yet, there is still A LOT to do! So let's get it done!!
I love you guys! I hope you all have a great week! Talk to you soon! Give lots of love to Chloe for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment