Monday, August 21, 2017

Week Ninety-Seven: Almirante Brown

Hey fam!
So this week sounds like it was pretty busy!! You guys aren't the only ones that are talking about how much time I have left. All the members and missionaries do the same lol. Well, all but my comp which is pretty nice lol. We are working pretty well together. We have a good amount of people we are teaching so that helps. Everyone has been asking me how I feel about having only two weeks left, I imagine you guys also want to know, and I always say the same thing. I feel the same, I know mathematically speaking I have only a small amount of time but on the inside I feel the same. I am still a missionary and I will work to the end. I don't get how missionaries get trunky?! The more I learn, which is everyday, the more I feel how important this work truly is and the more I come to love it!! I have learned so much in these last 2 years, more than I thought I ever could, and really I don't want it to end, so I have to take advantage of every second i have left!! I really believe I have developed a hunger to learn more about this gospel. I just want to know more and more!
My comp and I on P-days have been downloading talks and stuff given at BYU and they are incredible!! We are learning so much! It's awesome!! This week we were able to have some fun and have some good lessons. On Friday I had to do some baptism interviews for the sisters and they were coming pretty late. We were in the middle of a park, that's where we were going to meet, and we saw two guys playing basketball. We thought we had some time to kill so we played with them. Now I'm not the best basketball player in the world, but we were ballin' it up!! I was like Steph Curry or Chris Paul! It was way fun!!
Last night we were contacting some houses and a lady of about 30 years came out. We introduced ourselves and we quickly learned she had little to no  knowledge of really who God is and had no interest to know either. So we shared our short sincere testimonies and she let us in. (Don't worry, a male was present lol.) We asked her a few questions and quickly introduced the Restoration then she started crying. She had just lost her mom and was angry at God for taking her. We gave her time to express her feelings and then we shared a more sincere testimony of the Plan of Salvation. She agreed to hear us again and we knew that after our visit she felt better and felt something she hadn't felt before.
Also on a little funny note, as my comp and I were walking in the streets we started free style rapping and it was way funny!! We aren't the best rappers but we can spit fire!!
I love you guys!! Have a great week! I'll talk to you soon!! Give lots of love to Chloe for me!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment