Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Week Ninety-Seven: Almirante Brown (LAST WEEK!!)

Hey fam!
So I believe this is the last time you will hear from me before we see each other in the airport!! I know you guys are super excited! I am too! But there are a lot of mixed feelings, as I imagine you guys understand. I have really come to love this work and have developed a relationship with my Savior that I know could not be so strong if I did not make the choice to come and work in his vineyard. I love what you said, Mom, about the tender mercies of the Lord. I have seen so many in my mission, too many to count. The mission is nothing easy, it really requires all you have and all you are, but I've learned that if you put your faith and confidence in the Lord it will make it all so worth it. He can do way more with our lives than we can do with our own. I have put all I am and who I want to become in the hands of the Lord, and that before anything else is the best decision I've ever made, and I believe it's the most important we can make in this life. Life is black and white. There is no gray area, no matter how many people want to believe otherwise. We are with God in everything or we aren't. We're all in or we fold. I have come to love these people, that itself is a blessing and a curse. You try all you can to get people to understand this amazing gospel and when they do, you feel the joy they feel. But when they don't, the feelings are just as strong but in the other direction. I can honestly say that the mission has changed my life. Doing the Lord's work with a broken heart and a contrite spirit can't not change you. I won't write all I feel because I have 20 minutes to fill on Sunday and I want to say something that not everyone has heard. Just know that I know this is the Lord's church and everlasting gospel. And it all has been restored to its original form through a chosen prophet, seer, and revelator, Joseph Smith, and Christ is again at the head of His church guiding us through modern prophets and apostles.
Thank you guys so much for helping me out so much. Not just with the end-of-mission supplies but all throughout my mission. Your prayers and love has made a gigantic impact on my mission. I really couldn't have done it without all of you!! I don't think I can't express how much of an impact you guys have had on my life! I love you all so much!! I will be seeing you soon! Give lots of love to Chloe for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment