Monday, October 3, 2016

Week Fifty-Three: Monterico

Hey fam!
 So General Conference was awesome! I could understand more than last time but not all of it. The translators have to speak really fast because it takes more words to say something in Spanish than it does in English, so in order to finish in time they have to talk really fast. So I had to focus pretty hard to understand it all. It was working, then I got a pretty big headache so that didn't really help too much. But I'd say if there was a theme it would be missionary work and personal testimony. That's what I was able to get from it. Also I was able to download most of the talks, I'm only missing Sunday afternoon. But I'm going to listen to them all this week for studies. So I'm pretty excited about that.  
Sunday after the first session, I got a call from the mission president. He asked how I was liking conference and stuff like that. Then he said, "I am going to call you to be a district leader and a trainer." I accepted the call(s) but now I am a little stressed. My whole mission I have been junior companion and now I'm senior comp, district leader, and training a new elder. The new group comes in Wednesday so I am with the zone leaders for the next couple of days in their area. I have no idea who is going to be my comp so I will give you details next week about that. 
Because my comp was finishing, everyone wanted to say good bye in a special way so this week we had two BBQs with two different families. BBQs here are called asados and they are not too cheap but they are awesome! It's just pure stake and meat. It's awesome!! So we ate pretty well this week. 
We were not able to pass by the taxi drivers house this week. Well we did pass by but they were leaving as we were arriving. I'm going to try to pass by them this week with my new comp. Not too much happened this week. 
I like that you guys are liking and looking at the Acadia. How does the tan interior look? Is it like Cameron's car? I'm hoping it looks nicer lol but I have confidence in your judgement. I'm really sorry to hear that Katie didn't get the part. I know that everyone wanted her to get it. But it's true that there is something to learn from this. It reminds me of President Uchtdorf's talk in the women's session. Our desires can't change the plan or desires that God has for us. This is a time to learn. I love you guys and hope you have a great week! I'll talk to you soon! Kiss my puppies for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment