Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Week Fifty-Four: Monterico

Hey fam!
So as you know I have a new companion. Very new. His name is Elder Vasquez and he's from Peru. We (the trainers) got our comps Wednesday afternoon, so I was with the zone leaders for two days. It was pretty funny and interesting teaching in a trio, and I'm pretty glad it's not common here. But after we got our comps we had lunch there in the offices. I started to talk to the new gringos that were next to me and they just looked at me with very confused faces. So I had to start speaking English, and it was pretty hard. The gringos said I didn't sound like I was from the states at all they and said I had a Latin accent when I spoke English. So that was pretty interesting lol. But my new comp has and is adjusting just fine to the mission life. There are some things we need to work on, like telling me when he is going to leave a room instead of just walking off. But he's new so its understandable. The only pic I have with him for now is also with elder Lemus, my trainer. Elder Lemus is an assistant to the president now, so we took a picture of the family lol. Elder Lemus is my papi and Elder Vasques is my hijo (son) so we had to take a picture. 
We got back to our area on Wednesday around 6:00pm. So we put his things in the apartment, talked a little about what we were going to do, and then we left to go work. There was no time to unpack, it was working time lol. But my comp doesn't seem homesick at all, which is pretty good. I do feel that my comp before really helped me prepare to train. All the other comps I had would usually take control of the lessons, but with elder Barros I had to take control of things so I think that helped. 
My district is just sisters and my comp and I. The other elders in the picture are the zone leaders. They are really good sisters and some of them have more time in the mission than me, but I know that God called me to be a district leader so I could teach them something and so that they can teach me something. Tomorrow I have my first district meeting as a district leader so we will se how it goes lol. 
But how is the car shopping going? Do you guys have the Fusion back or are you still using a rental? Do you guys have to buy or trade soon or can you take your time? I know the Acadia is in the running. Are there any more that you guys are looking at? 
I think that's about it for my week! I love you guys! I'll talk to you soon! Kiss my puppies for me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment