Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Week Fifty-Six: Jujuy

Hey fam!
So this week started out actually a little cold. It rained and hailed really hard one night but we were already in our apartment so no problem there. But now it's starting to warm up again, actually it's pretty hot right now. 
This week was a pretty normal week. I have been trying to change some things in the way I teach. President Chaparo says that we should have short but powerful lesson so thats what I have been trying to do. I think it's working out pretty nice. The lesson shouldn't last more than 15 minutes so we are staying focused on the topic and not talking about other things, and then we can visit more people during the day. We were able to teach a lot more lessons this week. One thing we struggle with is lessons with members present. We are teaching a lot of other lessons, but we need more help from the ward. So we are going to focus a little more in helping the ward get involved in missionary work. This week we weren't able to find to many new people to teach. My patience and diligence was definitely tested this week. But I know there is something that I need to learn so I'm staying positive! 
One day this week my comp was looking at a picture of the prophet and apostles. I soon realized that he didn't know the majority of them and didn't know how the next prophet would be chosen so we talked a bit about that. For the district meeting, the zone leaders and hermanas capacitadoras (I can't remember what they are called in English) came. I knew the hermanas were going to come but I didn't know the zone leaders were going to come and they both didn't know that they were coming. (I'm not sure if that made sense lol) so we had a full room. I talked about the importance of commitments. It went really well and the hermanas and the zone leaders just talked about how much they liked it and that it was a really good meeting. The only problem was that they didn't tell me what I could do better or where I could improve. So I'm on my own looking for what I can do better. Next week I'm planning to talk about the importance of attending church. 
Sounds like you guys had a great and fun week!! We have a conference with the president on Wednesday so I should get the package then, if it has arrived. Oh on Sunday the stake president came and called a brother from another ward to be our branch president. So as of now we have a president. And one quick funny and gross story. The other day a member gave us oranges so went we got to the apartment i made orange juice. I poured a glass for my comp and we began to drink. My comp then stopped and asked what that moving. I said that it was just the parts of the orange. Then he said no look. Turns out that there were little worms in the juice. I was super grossed out! I poured it all down the drain. I didn't drink too much but I also don't know if the little I did drink had a worm or not. But for now I'm not sick or anything so that's good lol. I just have to have a little more caution with the oranges. But on the positive side of the story the orange juice that I made was really good! Lol but I think that's it for my week! I love you guys! Kiss my puppies for me!!! I'll talk to you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment