Monday, October 19, 2015

Week Two 10-7-15 MTC

Hey Guys!! 
Time is really flying now. It felt like it took forever to get to the first p-day, but not so much now.  It feels like we've been here forever, but if you look at it in the span of our whole mission we haven't even scratched the surface. Lol!  I have a pretty funny story.  On Tuesday night I woke up to someone banging on our window from the outside.  There were two elders in our district who had received their visas and I knew they were going to the Dominican Republic MTC that night so I thought that was them just saying goodbye.  The banging continued.  They would bang for awhile and then stop just long enough for me to fall back asleep then they would start back up again.  I was very comfortable in my bed and in my half asleep mind I thought it might be a cereal killer and I didn't really feel like dying that night so I just stayed in bed. The banging eventually stopped and I fell back asleep.  In the morning I found out who was banging on the window.  It was our roommate Elder Hall.  He was sleep walking!  He said in his dream he thought he was hunting so we was walking around the MTC in his G's.  He woke up under a tree far from our room.  He didn't have a key to get back inside so he tried to wake us up by banging on the window.  No one got up and he was outside for awhile till a security guard found him and let him in.  We all thought it was Super funny, him not so much.  Now he sleeps with his key just incase it happens again.

General Conference was awesome!  We all watched it in the gym.  They have bleachers they pull out from the wall and they set up some chairs.  I hate those bleachers!!  The chairs are uncomfortable to and they make your butt hurt so bad!! Es no bueno!!  I don't think I’ve ever been so excited for conference before.  It’s completely different watching conference as a missionary then before.  I stayed awake for the entire thing and even took notes on every single talk.  It was really cool.

On Tuesday we had a devotional and the General Relief Society President came and talked to us.  She was talking about how great it is to have a living prophet and apostles today.  Then she said that she has known President Monson for a long time and that she has never seen him lean onto the podium like he did.  She then said "I think that was Heavenly Father’s way of telling us do we appreciate what we have?" I thought that was really interesting.  We are truly blessed to be born in this time with a living prophet.  I think we are kind of spoiled, in a sense, and we've become used to the fact the we have a prophet, but I think Heavenly Father did that to humble us and give us a bit of a reality check. We are incredibly blessed to have a prophet and apostles that speak directly to God and Jesus. Without them that line is cut and we would drift into spiritual anarchy. 

The language is coming along nicely. The whole district is pretty much on the same level and we all help each other out so its really nice and a lot less stressful.  The food isn’t too bad but you can defiantly tell its cafeteria food.  They pretty much have something different everyday and they have multiple options you can chose from so there is always at least one thing I would eat.  Everyone is always complaining that the food gives them the runs, but I haven't had any problems.

We went to the temple again today and I didn’t get lost this time!  We got breakfast there, we got breakfast there last time too I just forgot to write about it.  I've been writing in my journal everyday.  The entries started out nice and long but now they are starting to get smaller and smaller as the days become more and more alike but I’m still going to keep writing.

An elder in out District, Elder Presswitch, has some crazy talents on the piano. He learned to play a couple of years ago by himself but he can’t read music, but he doesn’t need to.  He can figure out how to play any song just from the tune of it. We would name a random song and within a minute or two he can play the entire song. Its incredible!!  He made this remixed for Come thou fount, and its sweet!  What MTC is Austin Miller going to?  I’ve been hearing a lot about Salta and pretty much everyone says it’s hot.  So I have that to look forward to.  Me and the heat don't really go together, but I’ll find a way to make it work!  No one said a mission was going to be easy. I got the card reader and I’m trying to upload pictures but these computers are retarded - sometimes they work and sometimes don’t. its very frustrating! But I love you guys and ill talk to you soon! kiss my puppies for me!!
Love,

Elder Moore!!

No comments:

Post a Comment