Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week Four 10-21-2015 MTC

Hey guys - 
So this week went by really fast just like the one before. It’s weird the days are long but the weeks are short. We are now the oldest district in our zone! Its a very weird feeling. Its hard to describe, it feels like we just got here but also that we have been here forever. Being zone leader isn’t so bad. We don’t have that much too do. We have to make assignments for priesthood lessons, interview the district leaders and report how everything is going to the branch president, and we have a phone. We literally can’t do anything with it. Everything is blocked with a password. The only thing that works is we can hold number 2 down and it calls the front desk. I don’t know why we have it since it can’t do anything.

Our lessons are going really well and Spanish is coming along nicely. Its nothing amazing but I’m able to say what I need to, to get my point across, and they seem to understand me so all is well. Nothing really cool happened this week, but a couple of days ago I decided I wanted to play volleyball instead of basketball and since its all in the same gym I just went and played volleyball a little bit. The Russians (missionaries going to Russia) all kind of take over the courts but I was still able to play. I started out in the back and as points were being exchanged I slowly made my way up to the front. Watching the opposing team, it wasn't hard to find their best player. Everyone would set him the ball and he would jump up and spike it every time. I used some of the skills I learned from Cody and studied how the other team played and how and when to make a move. So when I made it up to the front I knew what to do and I just waited for my opportunity. Every time he went to spike the ball I was right there and I stuffed him every single time. My team went crazy cause no one had done it before - he wasn't so happy about it. It was pretty fun. Now they keep asking me to come play volleyball with them.

I got the holytabbs this week and I started to mark up my scriptures with them. They are really cool! Also I want to know how the rancho game went!! You told me there was a game but not how it went. lol I want to know all the details. Maybe invite Chase over so he can tell me how it went from inside the game and also I want to know what Cody said. In our new district there is a guy from Rancho! He is a big Tongan and he played football for rancho. He actually has a full ride scholarship to BYU for football, but he put it on hold for his mission, which is pretty cool. 

Choir is going great! The choir director is awesome! He’s super funny and he is super spiritual as well. He always gives us the background stories for the song we sing. Last week we sang Joseph Smith’s first prayer. I really like that song. He was telling us how every time the missionaries sing this song it brings a spirit like no other choir can. He was wondering as to why that was and then he figured it out. He said that as missionaries we are set apart for one sole purpose and that is to testify of the truth of this message. If Joseph never saw Jesus Christ and the Father then that means that he was not a prophet and that the Book of Mormon is not true and that we don’t have a prophet today. Basically nothing is true if Joseph Smith did not see Jesus Christ and the Father. So when we testify of the truth of Joseph Smith there is a special spirit that confirms what we say, and when you get 2,000 missionaries testifying of the truth threw a song it brings a very special and strong spirit like no other. Man do I feel it!  He also talked to us about the different records or stories he told about his vision. I don't know if you know this but he told 6 different stories and you can find them all on lds.org. It was really cool, you should definitely check it out.

We went to the temple and we did initiatories (i have no idea how to spell it) we got done a lot faster and we had to wait for the cafeteria to open.  Every time we've gone I’ve gotten an ommelette and two biscuits with gravy. It’s really good and it always comes out to be around five bucks. It’s getting pretty cold in the mornings. I actually broke out my new jacket. I just wore the first layer not the waterproof half. It’s a really nice coat - I like it. My comp and I are going to get haircuts today. I’m a little scared I don’t know how good they are and I’ve been liking my hair lately. Speaking of my hair every time I wash it or do it in the morning I find that I’m shedding quite a bit. I don’t know if that’s normal. I hope it is and that I’m not going bald, that would be no bueno!  At least dad and I would be twins lol.

Well I love you guys!!! I’m still doing great. I’m a little nervous to leave, but I’m also excited to! idk I have a lot of emotions right now lol! Love you! kissssss my puppies for me!! 

P.S.  I just remembered this. Cam and Justin will like this more but I accidently said a nocho libre quote in my lesson. I said “its fantasic” in my nacho voice and the investigator just looked at me funny and my comp was trying so hard not to bust up laughing! Lol 
District temple trip

Elder Dobson and Elder Moore after a good session and breakfast in the temple

He's the Zone

Andrew and district 


No comments:

Post a Comment