Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Week Five 10-28-15 MTC

Week Five 10/28/15 MTC

Hello –
So as you know this is my last pday in the mtc!  This six weeks have seriously gone by so fast its crazy!! (Shelly here…. Its only been 5 weeks) The time here just flies by!  Idk if I said this on here but just in case ill say it again. The days are long but the weeks are short.  I have mixed feelings about leaving but for the most part I’m excited! I forgot my flight plans in my room but I think I remember them. I report to the travel part in the MTC at 8:30 in the morning. never mind i dont remember them at all but i do know that I get to buenos aries argentina at 9:10 am the next day and then I have the amazing pleasure to take a 22 hour bus ride to Salta. I’ve herd they break up the ride into a couple of days. I don’t know a lot about it but it should be fun lol. (Shelly here…. That means he’ll get to Salta on the 4/5th… nothing like having your kid travel for 2-3 days in a foreign country, foreign language to calm your nerves!)    I do know if you heard but there are going to be A LOT of missionaries going to South America and we are all going to be on the same flight.  I feel sorry for all the non-members that are going to be on that flight because they just made the BEST mistake of there life lol! 

I have a pretty cool story for you guys. So on Tuesday we were having choir practice and the choir director changed the song last minute. He said that the devotional on Sunday was going to be broadcasted to all the other MTC's around the world. He didn’t tell us why but we all started thinking that someone important was going to be there. So over the next couple of days we all were talking about who was going to be speaking. When Sunday came around everyone wanted to be in the choir.  It was huge! We practiced our song and then all the other missionaries came in for the devotional to start. We started to sing the prelude music and in the middle of the song the doors open and in walks in the MTC president and his wife and right next the them was Neil L Anderson!  We all stood up and he walked up on to the stage and waved to us all with a huge smile. He gave a great talk. He talked about four points; sacrifice, opposition, adversary, and deliverance.  I swear that talk was meant just for me, I had this question in the back of my head that I tried not to think about, but I knew that it was still there.  His talk seem to talk directly to me and answered my question.  It was awesome! I don't think I've ever taken that many notes on a single talk before.  Since it was broadcasted maybe it will be one lds.org or youtube in a couple of days.  I would look into that. if it is you will be able to see me in the choir because multiple people who weren’t in the choir said that they saw me on the screen.  After we went back to our classroom and we talked and bore our testimonies on the devotional. after everyone kept saying I was going to be an apostle or the prophet.  I don't know why I feel that my testimonies are kind of all over the places, but I’m glad they got something out of it.  Elder Anderson spoke to my soul and that came out in my testimony.  It was a great experience for me.  Thank you Elder Anderson.

That’s crazy what happened to Dylan!!  I shared that story with my district and we got in this huge discussion about good and evil spirits.  It seems to happen more than most people think. Several people in my district have heard similar stories.  Satan hates missionaries because he knows what we are here to do and he does not like it.  It reminded me of the blessing we are promised in the temple that the garments will be a protection to us.  It just motivated me to be even more obedient and to work even harder.  As long as I am doing what I’m supposed to do the Spirit will be with me and Satan can’t touch me.  He has the power to bruise our heal but we have to power to crush his head.  This life is a constant up hill battle and there will always be a force pushing us back but as long as we do our best to push against it there will be an extra hand on our back pushing us along.

That reminds me, Katie I know this time is hard. I wish could say I know what you’re going through but really you are the only one in our family that has ever been a single child at home, so I don’t know exactly what your going through. But I do know of one person that knows exactly what you are feeling. I think you know who I’m talking about.  If you ever feel alone or feel like you miss the rest of your family, I promise you if you turn to him and you ask him for help he will help you.  He wont make your problems go away but he will help you rise above it.  So you can learn and grow from it.  I love you and just remember I’m only an email away.  I was also thinking that you are also extremely lucky that you are the only one home too.  That just means that all of mom and dad’s attention is focused on you. I know that doesn't sound all that great right now, but we have been blessed beyond our comprehension to have such amazing parents. I wouldn't be where I am right now if it weren't for them.  I know its hard to listen and sometimes you disagree with them, we all have, just know that they love you more than you know and they want the absolute best for you so the next time they say you can’t do something or can’t go somewhere just know that they love you and are looking out for you best interest.  They know one or two things about life and about being a teenager so they know what is best for you.  I can’t remember the exact scripture but it goes something like this, my ways are higher than your ways, my knowledge is higher than your knowledge.  I love you Katie and just remember to stay strong and if your having problems turn to your Heavenly Father and talk with mom and dad.  I know for a fact that they will help you get past anything and everything.  Also I just wanted to say thank you for keeping me update with everything going on in your life and with the team.  I miss water polo and its great to hear how the team is doing.  

I’m going to try to get everything packed by Saturday so if I’m over I can send it home and not have to leave it here.  I got your package and the tie! I’m so excited to wear it!  I showed everyone and they all thought it was awesome.  Thank you so much!  I also got a package from grandma Moore, tell her thank you so much for me and that I love her. I feel like I’m forgetting to say or ask some things. I know there are some questions I’m forgetting but I forgot my notebook in my room so I cant address them, sorry!  I love you guys!!  Kiss the puppies for me!  Next you get an email from me it will be coming from Argentina! That’s exciting!!
Talk (and I mean literally) talk to you soon!
Love,
Elder Moore


Dang that's far away!!!!


And this is Marcos, TRC investigator from Peru.

The district




No comments:

Post a Comment