Monday, October 19, 2015

Week Three 10-14-15 MTC

So just for the record I didn't actually think that Sister Moon was going to do it lol I just thought of that time when Cameron wrote grandma and told her that he wasn't eating anything.  It’s still nice to know that I can still mess with my family even when I’m not with you guys lo!!

I’ll let you know how I’m really doing! I’m having a great time!! I love my comp and my district! I wish we all could go to the same mission because they are all so awesome and we get along so well!!! Speaking of my district, my comp and I were just called to be zone leaders!  We didn’t expect that at all.  We were studying in our classroom on Sunday before sacrament meeting and he called us out to the hall. He said I’m going to make this quick, so we've called you to be the new zone leaders.  My comp and I just looked at each other and were like umm ok. my comp was kid of stressed about it, but I told him being a zone leader in the MTC is nothing compared to one in the field.  That seemed to calm him down and now he’s fine now.  So I have a pretty cool story.  We teach this TRC investigator.  It’s just a volunteer that comes in and gets taught by the missionaries in the MTC. They tell us they could be a member playing a role or an actual investigator. Our "investigator", we don’t know if he’s a member or not but his name is Marco.  He is an older gentleman probably in his late 50's and he is from Peru.  He is a short guy and he has polio so he walks with crutches everywhere.  He is the nicest guy you will ever meet!!!  My comp and I love him so much!!  He helps us with our Spanish like if we don't conjugate a verb correctly or are having trouble pronouncing something while reading.  All the other investigators just watch us struggle lol.  Everytime we've taught him he always seem so interested and the spirit is definitely present, but our last visit with him was different and that’s what I want to talk about.  We didn't have much time to prepare a lesson all we really knew was that we were going to teach the Plan of Salvation.  When the lesson started it wasn't off to a great start.  We couldn't get our thoughts on track and we were all over the place.  Then as if someone had turn a light on, the spirit filled the room and then my comp and I started movin.  I can’t even really explain it.  It’s like my comp and I could read each others minds.  We could feel the spirit get strong and stronger!  Then we told him about resurrection and that he will be perfect.  You should’ve seen his face when he heard that.  We told him he could be perfect and that he wouldn't have polio anymore.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so happy.  He started talking about how he would love to be able to run and if any one wanted to talk to him then they would have to talk to him while running because he wasn’t going to stop! The Spirit was stronger than I’ve ever felt before. I could understand and speak Spanish like I never could before.  It was incredible!  Then we lost him. idk what happened but we said something and it made him confused and we couldn't figure out how to explain it properly.  I could feel the spirit fading away and I thought we had lost him. Then I got an impression to bare my testimony about my family.  I knew his family was very important to him so I thought it couldn't hurt.  I couldn't tell you what I said mostly because i have no idea what I said.  Really I didn't say anything, the Spirit did.  I just opened my mouth and he did the rest. Whatever I said brought the spirit right back and it felt even stronger than before.  My eyes started to water as I bore my testimony and his did the same.  Once I was done I looked over at my companion and he was just starring at me with a face I couldn't really explain.  I looked at my watch and I realized that we were out of time so my comp asked Marco to say the closing prayer.  I don’t think I’ve ever herd a more sincere prayer before.  It was awesome.  We said goodbye and write as we walked out of the room my comp and I just looked at each other and we had nothing else to say but "Dude!" my comp told me that he didn’t even know half the words I was saying during my testimony but that the spirit was so strong and that we knew that Marco understood everything.  I can’t wait to teach him again!  He’s such a great guy I wish i could just take his polio away but I know that the Lord gives us trials for a reason.

I’ve gotten all of your packages and grandma’s package.  I don’t get a dearelder everyday but I get them about every other day. idk  I haven’t really been paying attention to what days I get them.  No one else is writing but Grandma Chesbrough sent me a dear elder.  I’m actually playing basketball more now. I’ve gotten better and the rest of my district plays so I thought I would to.  I have no info on visa but I do know that I leave November 2. idk if you know that or not.  I’ve broken one sweeter out.  It’s starting to get pretty cold in the mornings. People are always commenting on how much they love my ties. and I’ve realized ties are very important to missionaries lol.  So if there are some nice ones I forgot at home I wouldn't mind having them. It sucks about the guys loosing so bad to Chino and Osos.  I know they really thought they had a shot.  Maybe they will do better next time!  I think that’s it. I love you guys so much!!! I’ll talk to you soon!  Kiss my puppies for me!!
Love,

Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment