Thursday, June 1, 2017

Week Eighty-Six: Salta

Hey fam! 
So this was a pretty good week. It was pretty busy and we were running from place to place, but we still had a good amount of time in our area. I'm sure you are wondering what I did yesterday for my birthday so I'll start with that lol. It was a pretty chill day, I started it with opening the wrapped gift. Thank you guys for the sweater and tie! They are so awesome and I got a lot of compliments on them! I didn't tell that many people it was my bday to not make a big deal out of it, but a sister in the ward made me a cake and gave it to me in church so that was pretty nice. My comp and the other companionship we room with sang happy birthday in the apartment lol. But I was trying not to think about being 21 too much. 
The Martinez family is doing really good. They had a problem with the coca... that leaf crap... and he said he needs it to work. This week he went to work and he said his body just started to hurt and he couldn't do anything. We had already taught him the Word of Wisdom and he understood it really well. He said a prayer and asked God for help. He said he took the coca out of his mouth and in 20 minutes his energy came back and he felt really good. In our lesson he said he isn't going to use coca anymore. So that was an awesome experience! Also in our lesson when we were talking about temples and eternal families, they all loved it and said they want to go as a family one day. They always read what we leave them but the hard part is getting the whole family to go to church. They don't want to leave the house alone because they have been robbed in the past. So we are looking for a solution. 
Last thing about my week is that we had a mini MTC here in our ward for all the youth of the stake. We were asked to help a bit, so we sang and we broke off in groups to go contacting in our area. It was actually really fun! Our mission president was supposed to come but he had to cancel last minute so we were called to fill in. We talked to the youth about the importance of using our time wisely and the importance of planning. That wasn't as much fun because we literally had no time to plan what we were going to say (a little ironic) but it turned out nicely!! 
I think that's about it for my week! But that's super crazy about Dylan! Man I hope he gets better soon! Don't let him die! I love you guys! Give lots of love to Chloe for me!! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment