Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Week Eighty-Seven: Salta

Hey fam! 
Sounds like everyone was able to have a great three day weekend back at home! Things here have been pretty chill. 
The Martinez family is doing really good. We had some divisions this week with other elders, and the elders that were with me or my comp teaching the Martinez family were super impressed. We usually leave them specific parts in the Book of Mormon to help them understand more about what we taught, but this time we told them to read from the beginning. Everyone read at least to chapter 3 and the mom read up to chapter 5. They are progressing super nicely and we can see their testimonies grow. The dad stopped using coca and is doing really well. We just need to get him to church. He said he was going to come yesterday but only his wife and daughter came. We are going to talk to them today so we are going to find out why he couldn't come. 
Yesterday at church we had a pretty nice surprise. One of the less active sisters that we have been teaching for a bit now finally cam to church!! It was super awesome to see her come. And during sacrament meeting the Delgado family came to church. We have been teaching them and helping them since I've been here (the last six months) and finally they came to church!! It was completely unexpected but it was incredible!! My comp and I were pretty content after church yesterday. 
Nothing too special happened this week but we are finding some really good and interested investigators and we are keeping pretty busy. With that kind of busy, there isn't enough time in the day to visit them all. So we are pretty happy about that. 
We had interviews with President this week and I renewed my temple recommend because it is going to expire this month. This was the last interview with President Chaparro. The new president is coming soon. President Chaparro asked what I would like to do with my last 2 transfers. I'm not sure if he was asking, like if I had a personal goal I wanted to reach or if I had a preference as to where or what I would like to do. I just said I really enjoyed my time as a district leader. So we will see what happens in a week lol. 
Everything is going good here. I hope everyone has a great week! Give lots of love to my pretty girl for me!! I'll talk to you guys soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment