Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Week Seventy-Six: Salta

Hey fam!
So I'm writing a little early today because my comp leaves in a few hours and my new one doesn't get here till in the afternoon, so I don't know if we will have time to write later. I figured it's best to write now. About my new comp, I don't know much because I'm not with him yet. But what I do know is that his name is Elder Figueredo, he is from Brazil, and he has the same time in the mission as I do. Other than that I don't have much info lol. I know you guys like the details but I don't have too much for now. 
Also there were some changes in our zone. We adopted a new district. Before, we were the second biggest zone in the mission by just one companionship but now we have the biggest zone by far. So that's pretty interesting. 
On Sunday we had stake conference and Elder Mark Bragg from the seventy came and spoke. As we were walking in, there were a lot of people and you had to squeeze to get anywhere. Before we walked in the door we saw Elder Bragg taking a picture with a member and the stake president. After Elder Bragg took the picture, he looked over at the door and we made eye contact. He waved like he had know me or years and then he waited till we could get over to him. He talked to us in English because he is learning Spanish, but he talked with us like we had been friends for a long time. We asked where he was from and stuff like that, and we learned that he is from LA. He thanked us for our service and for everything we are doing. It was a really cool experience. He is really awesome and he gave a great talk too. He spoke about the Sabbath day and the temple. He had a great sense of humor throughout the whole talk and he had a powerful spirit so everyone enjoyed it. 
Oh I got the calendar! I got it on Friday and it's awesome! Thank you so much! I have it up in our room already! About the packages, I'm sure the other one you sent will get here, it just takes a while. But the mailing system here still isn't the best and I don't want you guys to go through so much stress of sending a package with the slight chance it might not get to me. I don't want you to lose money or be stressed. I know you guys are going to want to send more especially for when my birthday comes around but save the money and we can have a late birthday present opening when I get back lol. But I also want to thank you for all the packages and things you have already sent me. I know it's a burden to send things here so it means so much more that you do send packages and that you still are trying! I love you guys so much, so please don't stress or worry about me! Well I know that's pretty much impossible, but at least about the packages lol. 
About school, the thought of coming home a week early has entered my mind before. Elder Curtis is going to come home 2 weeks early for school. He talked with President Chaparro and he said that he needs to talk with the new president when he comes. I still need to pray and think about it but as of right now I do feel that coming home a week early would help a lot. I'll keep you guys updated with how I feel and what the president says. 
Also for the last couple of mouths, for quite a bit actually, I have been studying and reading about temples and I miss the temple so much! I don't know if it fits in the schedule but I would love to go to the temple at home when I get back. So have that in mind also. 
I think that's about it for my week! I'll be sure to let you know more when I get more details about my new comp! I love you guys! I'll talk to you soon! Kiss my puppies for me! 
Oh and I bought a Boca jersey. It's a soccer team that's super popular here in Argentina. Its rival is River, but I sided with Boca lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment