Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Week Sixty-One: Monterrico

Hey fam!
I'm glad to hear that you guys were able to have some fun this week! Hollywood sign is always a lot of fun! Sounds like Thanksgiving dinner was a success! Our Thanksgiving was a lot simpler. I sent a video but because it was longer it had to be sent a different way, so tell me if it works. But actually I had completely forgotten that it was Thanksgiving until one of the sisters in my district sent a message to the whole district wishing them a happy Thanksgiving lol. So my comp and I made some last minute plans. We bought some sandwiches, apple flavored soda, and candles lol. So we were able to enjoy Thanksgiving here in Argentina too! It was actually really fun, I really enjoyed it. I felt like we were really celebrating Thanksgiving. 
This week our district meeting was a little different. The assistants came to be a part of my district meeting. Why? I'm not really sure but it was nice to see Elder Lemus and because I know him pretty well I wasn't nervous or stressed so that was nice. After the meeting Elder Lemus and one of the zone leaders came to our area to do exchanges. I was with Elder Lemus for the afternoon so that was pretty fun teaching and working with him. He also served in Monterrico so he already knows the area and the members. Really the only difference was that now I am able to talk a little more in the lesson compared to when I was with him about a year ago lol. We are able to teach a good amount of people each week but I think one of our main difficulties is finding new investigators. Yes, we are finding each week but not that much. The fact that I feel like I have talked with just about everyone here doesn't help either so I am letting my comp guide us to which house we should knock. 
About the new video, we just got it in Spanish on Friday. We have cards to hand out, we talk with people, and also we are giving some to members so they can share them with friends and family. I just saw it like 10 minutes ago and it's awesome!! Man, the church knows how to make great videos! 
Things are going good with my comp and the district. The sisters are hard workers so my job is a lot easier, but there are still a few small things that we can improve on. Tomorrow we have interviews with the president so I'll try to see if he has some info about the packages. I think that's about it for my week! I love you guys! Have a great week! Kiss my puppies for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment