Monday, December 28, 2015

Week Twelve 12/21/2015 Salta

Hi guys-
This week went by pretty quick I think time is starting to pick up alittle. Christmas really isn’t a big deal here, most people have a little plastic trees and that’s about it - nothing compared to home. That’s crazy that Austin is married already, that was really fast! Thank you Kendall for setting up Skype for us - you is the best!

It was super hot at the beginning of the week and then it cooled down.  Man does it get hot here and I’m fried!  We found 5 new investigators this week – this is pretty awesome!!  Two of those investigators have a baptism date for the 1st of January.  So hopefully while you all are celebrating Justin and Kendall’s wedding I will be celebrating a couple baptisms!  I am able to get more involved with the lessons, speaking isn’t really that hard it’s understanding that’s the tricky part.  They talk super fast and super bad, not like bad words or anything its just like they mumble everything – I’m sure its because people just don’t have teeth here!

Yesterday we were at a less actives house, I will save you the details as to why they are less active, but I will say that they have some problems and not your average problems – its with an old bishop.  It’s not very hard to see why they went inactive.  My comp did most of the talking because the topic got pretty serious and I was fine with that!  Toward the end of the lesson my comp asked them if they had any questions for me.  They paused for a little bit and then the grandma looked at me and asked, “How can we forget the bad things that have happened to us?”  That’s a pretty hard question to answer, especially when you don’t speak the language very well. I paused and thought of what I was going to say. I had no idea what to say and I was thinking and thinking.  Then I stopped thinking and just listened, (not to them - no one was talking, they were waiting for me), I was listening for the spirit so I could know what to say. I don’t know how long I was waiting I wasn’t thinking about the time, I was just praying for something to come.  Then this thought came into my head, the thought was we aren’t supposed to forget the bad things that happen to us. I was a little hesitant to say it because I know that it wasn’t what she wanted to hear, but I said it anyways.  I then began to talk more about our purpose and how we are here to learn and we learn through experiences.  I covered a lot of stuff and I was talking for a while.  I don’t remember all of what I said. I think that’s because they weren’t my words, they were from someone that knew her a little better than I did.  After I finished talking the room was silent and the grandma said that was beautiful, I understood that!  My comp left them with a scripture to read D&C 122 about when Joseph was in the jail, we said a prayer and left.  That was a pretty cool experience of being able to teach by the spirit – this is what keeps me going!  I cannot describe what an awesome feeling that was! 

I’m sorry this letter is a little short, but we get to talk in 4 days so I think that will make up for it! I love you guys! keep up the awesome work! kiss my puppies for me!!
Love,

Elder Moore


No comments:

Post a Comment