Friday, April 14, 2017

Week Seventy-Nine: Salta

Hey fam!
Man, it sounds like this week was and is full of big events! This week was pretty interesting for us. We had even less time in our area this week than last week and I'll tell you why. The new district that is a part of our zone is about 3.5 hours away by bus, and you can only get there by bus. We had to go and watch the district leaders' district meeting and their session of weekly planning, and have divisions with them. With some good planing we were able to fit that into a day and a half. Our plan was to leave our area in the later afternoon, get to their apartment before curfew, sleep there, watch the meeting, have division, then watch their planning meeting the next morning and we'd be out of there before lunch. But there was a slight problem. When we got there, the bus drivers in all of Argentina went on strike and refused to work. So we got stuck for a little bit. We ended up having to stay about three days in total because the buses weren't running. We got back only to have a church open house to plan, set up, and work the next day. So that also took more than half the day. Are there church open houses in the states? It's where the missionaries and ward members come together and have a tour of the church. There are banners and everything. It's pretty cool. But I don't know if they do that over there. It was kind of a bummer not having a lot of time in our area, looking at the plans we have this week we aren't going to have too much time either but at least more than last week! 
There is a rumor going around here, that the USA and Russia are now in war. I heard that USA bombed some place in Syria and Russia got mad so now we are at war with them. I haven't read or seen anything legit I've just heard it from the people we talk with. Just want to know if that's true or not lol. 
This Wednesday we have interviews with President. I'm going to talk to him about ending a week early just so that he's aware of everything. 
Mom, I am so happy you were able to enjoy your birthday!! I love you so much and I'm so happy you were able to spend it with the family! Even though the family wasn't too complete I'm sure you were able to feel the love from all of us on your special day! I wrote you a card a few weeks in advance so that it could get to you in time but I guess it hasn't gotten there yet. Who knows with this mailing system?! Lol but be looking for it! 
Sorry I didn't take any pictures this week but I'll try to take some to show you guys! Oh and I forgot to clarify, that picture I sent last week was just our zone with the 2 pairs of senior couples. 
I love you guys! I hope you have a great week! Keep taking pictures and I'll try to do the same! Give the puppies lots of kisses and loves for me!! I'll talk to you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment