Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Week Sixty-Six: Salta

So we had another good week and a lot more people went to church since there were no more New Year parties. We are able to teach so much because really, everyone is just home all the time. So when we pass by, they are just there. It's actually pretty weird, I don't really understand it lol. I don't know if it's because the people don't do anything or if we have just gotten good at setting appointments. The fact is that there are a lot of people to teach here and its a small area, so we don't have to travel very far to the next appointment. We always have a member to accompany us in our lessons. There is also an elder that came back from his mission early for six months for health problems and he doesn't want to fall out of the mission routine, so he accompanies us a lot. The ward is really big and young so there are a lot of priests and single adults that come with us. We try to do splits 2 or 3 times a week if we can. So the key is in the members. 
Today my comp, two other companionships from our zone, and I went to Cerro San Bernardo. It's a big and pretty popular hill here in Salta. You can walk up or take a trolley thing. We took the trolley to go up and we walked down. It was really cool. You could see all of Salta when you are at the top so the pics are pretty cool, and the trail to walk down was really cool too. After that, my comp and I went to La Union, my first area. My comp served there too. He actually is the elder that replaced me there. We went and visited some members and converts. It was pretty interesting to be in my old area. Everything was so familiar! It felt like it had been like two weeks since I was last there, definitely not more than a year. But we were out in the sun walking all day and I forgot that the sun here is super strong, so I did get a little burnt lol. But nothing too bad. 
Oh, we fixed the bikes and now we have working bikes!!! They are awesome and we can go from one appointment to the other super fast. With bikes, I feel like a missionary in the states lol. I made that thingy on the back of the bike with some wood and metal wire that we had in the apartment. I don't know why it was there either, but I took out my tools and went to town. It is actually surprisingly sturdy. It's not really too pretty, but it works great! 
This week we have our zone conference, but President changed a few rules and now he will be present in all zone conferences. So we will see how it goes. 
Oh, we have a baptism planned for Rodrigo. He is super awesome and ready to get baptized! For the last two weeks, I have been able to teach and help him. He hasn't told us who he wants to baptize him or anything yet. But we are pretty excited for him! 
Sounds like you guys had a great week and had lots of fun! Now is it back to the normal routine? I hope you guys have a great week! Take pics! Love you! I'll talk to you soon! Kiss the puppies for me!








No comments:

Post a Comment