Friday, November 18, 2016

Week Fifty-Nine: Jujuy

Hey fam!
Wow new car!? I thought the search was put on hold for a while but wow the Explorer looks awesome! You have to send me pics of the inside! You guys have to tell me if it's a boy or a girl. If it's a boy two names came to mind. Duke and Wade. Idk if you like them but it's just the first thing that popped in my head lol. 
So our apartment is all back to normal now! We have hot water, power, a fridge, and nothing is leaking! The drainage pipes for the shower, sink, and the butt washer thingy all connect and the connecting joint of where all the pipes came together broke. So they had to break up the floor and replace the pipes. It took three days, so the first day we didn't bathe. The second day I washed myself in the other sink we have. And the third day, the hole wasn't filled yet but I showered in the shower anyway lol. The whole experience of replacing the pipes made me SO grateful for Dad!! We were told these men were "professionals" but within the first two seconds I knew they were not! It was a very easy fix, something that really only takes maybe an hour or two when dad is working. But it took three days for them. They didn't clean anything when they made a mess and just from looking at it, it wasn't quality work. Dad, I now understand how grateful all of your clients are to have you work on their house! Me, the family, and all your clients thank you! 
This week we talked with the brother that came to church asking us for help. His name is Jorge. We set goals and made plans with him to help him stop drinking. It's a new experience for me, setting goals and plans to help someone stop drinking. But I for sure felt the help of the Spirit. 
There's another sister, Celeste, who we haven't been able to meet with yet. She didn't show up to the appointment but we actually saw her yesterday walking in the street so we made an appointment with her today. 
Today is the first day of a new transfer. Two of the sisters in my district got transferred but my comp and I stayed the same. It's very likely that I will leave next transfer. The next one ends on December 27th. So I will be here for Christmas but in another area for New Years. Everything is going good here. It's getting a little hard to find new investigators. Monterrico is very small and I feel like I have knocked on just about every door here. But the search continues lol. Really everything I do is now in Spanish: read, talk, think, and dream all in Spanish. Really the only English time I have is when I am reading your letters and writing. Are Justin and Kendall going to be home for ED? I know that you guys do just about everything so I can imagine that they will be a great help! But I love you guys! I'll talk to you soon! Kiss the puppies for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment